Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lots-O-Sleep and Pie

Yesterday, I went to bed early around 9 PM. I woke up a little after midnight and I was up for about 30 minutes while I drank some water. Then I went back to bed and I woke up to fix my Master breakfast and fix his lunch. After he went to work, I went to bed. I woke up at about 11:30. I think in all I slept for about 12 hours.

Master says he knew I was exhausted and knew this massive amount of sleep was going to happen. To some degree, I feel guilty about sleeping so much rather than being productive and serving my Master. The last thing I want to be is displeasing to him.

I do think this time off work, all be it a few days, has been good for me. I was able to refocus on my relationship with my Master. I have really been able to focus more on him in the evenings when he is home, instead of opening my laptop from work to attempt to get caught up. I think it is safe to say my work/life balance was off kilter.

I am actively looking for another job. I am hopeful that I will find one which suites our lifestyle and allows me to have the time with Master that we need. I need to be able to serve my Master.

I am feeling a lot better. I even experimented in the kitchen this evening. I made a shepherds’ pie with shredded chicken instead of ground turkey. It turned out really good. I had some rather tough chicken breasts I wanted to use up and this did the trick. I boiled the chicken breasts in chicken broth and then I let it cool before shredding it. I then mixed it with a can of tomato sauce and a pound of mixed vegetables. I then topped it with mashed potatoes and baked it for 40 minutes. The result was yummy. It turned out better than expected.

I suppose being unemployed for a short time has its benefits.

-emma

1 comment:

  1. I am,beleve it or not going to try that recipie.it sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete