Thursday, July 14, 2011

07/14/2011

My job search is looking up. I have had three job interviews this week. I am excited about the prospect of finding a new and better job soon. I have conclusively determined that while some may really enjoy being a house slave. This is to slow of pace for me.

I did decide to make homemade bread today. It was not nearly as time consuming as I remember it being when I was working. I suppose that is one positive side effect of not working. I am able to focus more on the domestic things and they do not seem like such a big event.

In a two hour time period, I made bread, cooked a package of bacon (we cook it in advance to save time), cleaned the kitchen, scrubbed all the tile floors in the house, did a load of laundry, made the bed, took out the trash, and checked my Facebook account 3 times.

Needless to say, I am now doing the chores that I would do in the evening during the day and spending a lot more time online. I find myself watching mindless TV all evening and playing on my smart phone. I feel like I am in a lull. I am sure being a house slave would be more functional if we had children. Since we do not have children I do not see this as functional.

I think I am going to start working on my Spanish speaking skills for an hour a day that way I keep my mind active. I can see this going in a negative direction if I do not keep my mind active.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment