Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bored Bored! Even at work!

I have been working for about two weeks now at my new job as an accounting clerk. I am beyond bored and getting back into the grove of working is proving to be difficult. The office culture is different. No one brings their lunch and we have an hour. I am used to 30 minute lunches and eating at work.

I know I cannot reasonably afford to go out to eat everyday so I am trying to find a workable solution. I am leaning towards just being an office outcast maybe the path I am heading down.

Aside from my lunch woes, the work itself is basic and I spend at 2 to 3 hours a day doing absolutely nothing. Although this sounds like a good thing I sit around and ponder about stuff I could be doing at home. They even have a cleaning crew that cleans the office including the desks, so I do not even get to dust off my desk when I am bored. As with all corporate offices, I do not have internet connection at work and I cannot have my cell phone out, so my ability to amuse myself at work is very limited. I was drawing with white out on post it notes today.

My Master actually thinks this just is a good fit only because it is zero stress, which should make it easy for me to go back to school. I know he is right; I just like a challenge at work. I suppose in lieu of a challenge at work I will have to academically challenge myself.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment