Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Rebel in me


I haven’t done a lot lately because I have been sick and my Master has ordered me not to do the chores and so forth. This weekend I felt compelled to clean the bathroom. I waited until my Master left to go meeting and then I decided to conquer the bathrooms. I knew that he wouldn’t let me clean the bathrooms if he was home, so I was being a little bit rebellious.

I knew I couldn’t bend over a lot without getting light headed so I got a TV tray and sat it by the bathroom. I put my cleaner on the tray along with everything on the counters. This method seemed to work pretty well. I felt so happy to be cleaning again; I felt like I was in my element.

I was cleaning the bathtub that was my undoing. I sprayed the walls of the bathtub and began to feel off. I was determined so I continued. The bathtub was the only time I really had to bend over and it didn’t go over well. I did for the record manage to complete cleaning the tub before I started having issues.

As I was making the final swipe I felt my eyes go blurry and I started coughing. Then I vomited. I stumbled to our bed and I laid there for about 45 minutes. Once I got my bearings again I put everything away.

Aside from the vomiting part I felt pretty good about what I accomplished. My Master rolled his eyes when I told him this story. He said that he is glad I am getting around a little bit more but I am certainly not up to par yet.

I think the next time I have the urge to clean the bathroom, I will ask my Master to scrub the bathtub until we get whatever is wrong with me figured out.

-emma

Note: Image above was taken in Hot Springs, AR at a historic bathhouse by me. I thought it was fitting. In the 1800s in was believed that the spring water had healing properties so people would come from all over to get healed in the bath houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment