Saturday, October 8, 2011

Quitting Work :(

Due to my recent medical issues, my Master has ordered that I quit work. I will admit that I was pretty upset by this order. I actually started crying about it. I didn’t want to quit a job I just started and I actually kind of liked the job. Except for the part where the job was beyond boring and the hour lunch was way too long but no place is perfect.

Right now, I am focusing my health and attempting to keep up with housework. My Master gets upset when I do any sort of bending over so I am slowing figuring out ways to do things without bending over. I am still working on how to clean the toilet without bending over. Last weekend, I did some ironing but I had to stop after 3 items because my head was feeling fuzzy. Things have been a challenge for me lately.

I cannot drive and I never realized how important driving is to me until now. I cannot even go to the grocery store around the corner. It is an adjustment for me but I am getting used to the idea. I think my issue with it is I feel like I cannot serve my Master and I am being more of a burden to him. He assures me I am not a burden and he is working with me to get past that.



The good news is I have a furry alarm system that lets me know when I am going to start having issues. One of my kitties will come and hover around me and start meowing. When that happens I know it is time to lie down before I fall down. I am grateful for my kitty; she takes good care of me.

-emma

1 comment:

  1. Emma, i can understand where you are coming from about work. i used to work as a preschool teacher until health issues stopped me and it became unsafe for me to do so. i still miss the little ones and the enjoyment in seeing them grow.
    i have the same issues with walking any distance at the moment as you do with driving, but hopefully this will resolve itself... and no, you do't miss what you can do until you cant do it anymore.
    Hugs, i am glad you have an alarm system in the shape of your cats... hopefully things will get better for you soon.


    saffy

    ReplyDelete