Sunday, October 9, 2011

Brats

For as long as I have been in an M/s relationship, I have never understood the appeal of being a brat. To me that is a cute way of saying, “I like to sass my Master and disobey my Master.” I think how as a slave I present myself to my Master speaks volumes about who I am, what my worth to him is, and his value in my life.

I do not make fun of my Master or talk back when he gives me an order. I may not like the order, but I can express that to him without acting like a brat. There is no need for me to mention things that is not pertinent to the issue at hand. Even after I state my opinion, chances are if my Master already laid down the order it is pretty final.

I think the little orders matter. If my Master tells me he likes something a certain way, I should not deliberately go out and do something my way. If I were to do something like that, it would be acting bratty. I listen to what my Master has to say and I follow how I present myself with his preferences. I may not like all of his preferences but my end goal is to try to please him, not to please my own selfish desires.

It baffles my mind to no end when a slave thinks being a brat is a desirable trait to have. I think in my time with my Master we have had more than one run in with a brat on our search for a second slave. Each time, they are rejected because their bratty behavior comes out as an initial attack on me. Then each time upon rejection like clockwork, they will pout and bring up how terrible of a past they had. It gets old. I think everyone has had a crappy life experience at one time or another, but you can either let that life experience define you as a person or you can choose not to let your past be your Master.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment