Friday, October 21, 2011

Customizing M/s

I did a search today pure classical music, it was out of complete curiosity as to what other people view as pure and classic in what I would think would be a less disputed field of music. I found that my search, yielded results I did not expect. I was expecting to see Mozart, Bach, and Mozart but what I got was Hindu classical music which is very different then the classic music I was thinking of. I think it is interesting how my interpretation of something like music is not universally the same. It differs with culture, taste, and etc.

The reason I reference this is because when we are discussing different relationships what is classic in one relationship maybe completely foreign in another relationship. It is the understanding of those differences that helps, people like me; get a better understanding of myself.

For some reason, I do not feel like an oddity when I am around people that accept other people’s differences. I think sometimes people limit themselves to only people that fit perfectly into their view of the world because outside differences make them think they are going to grow a part from their partner.

I have been pondering differences in M/s relationships for years and it hasn’t brought me away from my Master. Over the years our relationship has grown to depths I didn’t were possible when I first started out. When I was a newbie I probably would have dismissed someone like myself as someone who was trusting too much.

As a newbie, I had a very different picture of an M/s relationship than what it actually is. A lot of what I thought was based on what my former Master had told. He based his style on what he considered to be perfect for him. He thought it was a classic M/s relationship.

Two years after meeting him, I had found a new Master who had a very different picture of what an M/s relationship could be. He didn’t care if anyone thought our relationship was pure or classic. He wanted a relationship and a dynamic that worked for him. It was from that point that my Master and I started our relationship. Eight years later we are still together, living under the same roof, and happily married. Creating our own blueprint for a relationship and editing it regularly seems to be working out pretty well for us.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment