Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Age Difference and Its importance to me

When I was seeking a Master, I purposely sought an older Master. I am not attracted to men my own age. I wanted a Master who is educated, has life experience, and has a track record of making good decisions.

Education was very important to me. After my first failed M/s relationship I was a college student and I did not want a Master who was not a college graduate. It was important for me for my Master to have a higher educational level than myself. I think it has something to do with control, because I have an associate degree and my Master has a Masters degree he is more intelligent than me. Having a Master that is smarter than me is very important. I feel if my Master had either a lower educational level than me or wasn’t as intelligent as me. I would be tempted to walk all over him, I would question his judgment, and I would not have nearly as much respect for him.

Typically, life experience is gained slowly throughout life. The exception to that is if you’ve had a lot of things happen to you early in life. The majority of people my age have not faced the same struggles and tests as people in my Master’s generation. His experience is important to me, so I know what to do in a situation I haven’t faced before. In situations that are unfamiliar to me are familiar to my Master.

I wanted someone as my Master, who did not make a lot of stupid decisions. I didn’t want someone that partied, lived in their parent’s basement and etc. I wanted a responsible adult as my Master.

Physical appearance was not of high importance to me. I did have a preference for grey hair because I find it sexy and I love blue eyes. I think I am lucky, because in my Master I found what I am looking for grey hair and blue eyes included.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment