Sunday, June 13, 2010

Whore

I remember watching a documentary several years ago on HBO. They were interviewing street prostitutes. One of the prostitutes said that all women are whores they just maybe whore in a different way. I found this interesting because in her mind the basic housewife was a prostitute. Because her financial support came from her spouse and since the housewife was having sex with her spouse this made her a whore for money.

At the time when I first watched this documentary, I was just coming out of a relationship where I was a house slave. My purpose was to cook, clean, and fuck. I was shared openly with others and at the time I could easily see how my lifestyle as a house slave could be interpreted as somewhat less than legitimate work.
Strangely enough as I watched this documentary, it was sort of a light bulb moment for me. I realized I wanted to be able to financially contribute to household without sex being construed as a way of contributing. It was at that point I decided that in my next relationship I wanted to work full-time and I refocused myself on education.

One thing I failed to account for was the difference in income between me and an established professional. My Master now makes significantly more money than me, which has allowed us a comfortable lifestyle. My Master doesn’t hold this against me, but he does call me a whore on a regular basis and he is correct. If it wasn’t for his income we would not have the lifestyle we have and I would not be a part of that if I didn’t have sex with him.

So I think at least in my case the street prostitute was right. I am a whore, just not in the same way as her. I am however happy to be a whore for my Master. It makes me feel content.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment