Sunday, June 27, 2010

Volunteer Work

Over the weekend I volunteered some of my time to help out at a going away party for a terminally ill child. (Not a going away as in passing away, going away as in going on a fun trip.) It was a lot of work. I spent most of my time busing tables and filling drinks.

I think it really meant a lot to the child and other kids that knew him. One of them said “today is the best day ever.” I think that pretty much sums up we did a good job.

I honestly didn’t want to go to begin with. I am not a big fan of lots of kids. My step-child’s birthday parties are stressful enough for me. But volunteering came with a sense of doing what is right and I had to do was smile and be friendly.
I felt good about this volunteer work. I think it was well worth my time and it made my Master proud.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment