Sunday, May 22, 2011

Shampoo

This weekend I spent a fair amount of time shampooing the carpet. I got off to a rocky start, because the carpet shampooer was spitting out water but not sucking up water. I figured there would have to be a lint clog somewhere. The question was where.

I took the entire carpet shampooer apart to find this lint clog and I couldn’t find it. So I resorted to my old friend Google to find the answer. On the shampooer there is a dial that switches it from the tools to the floor until. The online forum suggested switching back and forth from tool to floor while running hot water through the unit.

I sat down and thought about this proposal for a moment. Then I came the conclusion that rather than running the shampooer and switching it back from the floor to tool selection I could take that one piece and spray it out with my hose on the kitchen sink.

Spraying it out with hose on the kitchen sink resolved the issue in about 30 seconds. After that it was mildly smooth sailing on getting the carpet shampooed, except the freak rain storm and the mildly humid weather.

-emma

1 comment:

  1. What a good solution! Hope your master was pleased with the Carpets! Chrissie

    ReplyDelete