Thursday, May 26, 2011

Couponing... In Moderation

I have been coming out of my funk and I am starting to pick on things I used to do. One of those things is using coupons. I used them a lot during college and some after we got married. I used coupons when my Master and I got our family pictures redone to save us over 50% a few months ago. Couponing does allow me to fill my shopping desire and my desire to be cheap.

Coupons do have their benefits, but I do not picture myself being like one of the people on Extreme Couponing. Although, I appreciate their thriftiness I cannot help but feel a sense of greed from some of these people. I do not think they are greedy for couponing, but the method in which they coupon. When a customer clears the shelf of a product, other people may not be able to get the supplies they need.

When I use coupons, I buy no more than what I need. Case in point, earlier this week I had a coupon for the type of cat food my cats eat. I could have rounded up multiple copies of the coupon from my friends who also get the Sunday paper, but I didn’t. I used my one coupon which saved me $2.00 and will give me enough cat food for the next couple months. I did not let greed creep into my heart and I allowed for others to be able to get what they need for their kitties.

I think that doing things in moderation is important and I hope I live up to that. I hope I do not hoard food and medicine. I do not want to be the person who stops someone from getting the food or medicine they need.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment