Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rewards and Privileges

I was pondering recently, in my spare time at work, the differences between privileges and rewards. I do have quite a few privileges in my life. My Master also rewards me on a regular basis.

For me, the difference between a privilege and a reward is a privilege is something I get on a regular basis. For instance I get to sleep in the same bed as my Master, I have a car separate from my Master, I have unallocated free time, and etc. A reward would be something out of the ordinary. For instance, when my Master decided to let me go shopping for new clothes or if I get dessert with a meal.

I think in terms of discipline, a privilege could be taken away to reinforce my position as a slave. If I were to start taking the privileges I have in my life for granted then that could signal a problem. I think it is important not to take what I have for granted and to appreciate the privileges my Master gives me. When I stop appreciating the privilege then it may be time to put that privilege on the shelf for awhile.

Taking away a privilege could also work as a punishment and become something that has to be earned back overtime. If the slave feels a particular love of a privilege and the slave is acting out of term then that privilege could be taken away to get the slave back on the right path.

Rewards are different, I do not thing rewards can be taken away and have an effect. I do not expect to get a reward so if my Master opted to withhold a reward chances are I would never know. Rewards for me are something to motivate and to give me that little extra bit of drive when I need it. A reward makes me feel valued and loved by my Master.

I do believe a reward could be earned as well. If the Master sets a goal for the slave to do something in a certain time period and the slave accomplishes that then the Master may reward the slave. For instance, once when I got a promotion at work my Master took me out to dinner at a nice restaurant. It was a nice reward.

-emma


No comments:

Post a Comment