Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cleaning the Corners

Today, I cleaned the cobwebs out of the corners. I do not use any fancy dusting devise. I use a broom with a micro-fiber cloth tied to the end. It is cheap, inexpensive and reusable. I try to do this monthly to prevent any build up of cobwebs and dust. I like to keep a clean house and I do not want my house to look like a cobweb fill dungeon, although I am sure some would like that.



To make my little contraption you will need a broom, a cloth, and a rubber band. I use a micro-fiber cloth because things tend to stick to it so I think it catches the cobwebs and dust better.

To get the towel to stay on I use a hair tie or a rubber band. I loop the rubber band around the small end of the broom until is snug but not too tight. Then I push it up the other end and I lay the rag over the broom. Then I ease then I up around the cloth.

Next just gently run the broom covered with cloth around the corners of the house. I go run it all along between the wall and the ceiling. I also get around light fixtures and around anything else that might be on the ceiling, like the smoke detector. We have air vents on the ceiling so I will brush off the air vents as well.

I reuse the micro-fiber cloth. I just throw it in with my next load of laundry. I have been using the same cloth for about 5 years now.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment