Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Quit!

So I quit my job today and my employer made no attempt to save me. I am mildly disappointed I didn’t get even a pep talk in an attempt to keep me. Instead, I got to hear from my supervisor about how she has been cleaning out her office and fixing to quit herself. All I could think is, “Can we say sinking ship?”

Most of my co-workers are also working for other jobs, some are inquiring about unemployment due to a change in job duties which cause anxiety. I am also one of 6 people who gave their resignations today. I cannot blame them. I am leaving too. I really enjoyed my job for the most part. I had a sense of family at work, which I know sounds funny. I almost feel like I am going through a breakup.

The office ranter had her own opinions on the matter and had her own opinion on everyone quitting. She of course thinks it is stupid and thinks everyone is acting dumb. I just rolled my eyes and walked away from her.

So anyways, I am soon to be unemployed. I am going to start selling floggers online as secondary income. I do not know if it will take off or not but I thought I would give it a shot. The markup on floggers is sometimes ridiculous, so I am hoping that by selling them at a reasonable price I will be successful.

-emma

1 comment:

  1. Oh emma! I have followed you for years! You are an amazing person. I am sorry you had to quit your job. I hope your Master is okay with it. What is his take on the matter?

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete