Monday, November 14, 2011

Negative Emotions

I am sure all of us have felt negative emotions like hurt, anger, or fear at one point in our lives. I think how we deal with those emotions says a lot about our character and who we are. It is easy to lash out at someone or something when we are feeling negative emotions, but I do not feel that helps the situation. By lashing out or doing other hurtful things, the person is feeding the negative emotions rather than trying to expel the negative emotions.

I do not think it is necessary to verbalize negative emotions 100% of the time. I think that emotions are something that needs to be kept in check and it is important to work through those emotions without feeding those emotions. There are various ways to do this. Some people pray, go for a walk, have some alone time, work on a craft, play a video game, and etc.

When I feel negative emotions, I try not to let the emotion get the better of me. I like my alone time when I am feeling those things so I can sort through things. Generally, having some time to myself and sometimes even a short nap is all I need to get my emotions in check.

This does not mean I am bottling up my emotions rather by having my alone time or whatever else I do, I am expelling the negativity and looking for the positive. I find the positive and I learn from the positive behind every negative situation there is something positive that can be learned or shared.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment