Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A cold and neurological issues = No fun

I am now sick with a cold, in addition to my neurological problems. It makes for an interesting mix to say the least. My vision is now blurred and blotchy. I have also been freezing. I am sure I will be better at least from the cold in a few days, so it is really not a big deal. It is just a new experience for me. I prefer my new experiences to involve something fun and adventurous. This illness stuff isn’t my idea of a good new experience.

My Master has been taking good care of me, but I feel guilty about not being able to keep up with things around the house and I really want to get back to work. Sadly, I do not think I will be going back to work, until I keep up around the house. The rate things are going with my illness that could be awhile.

I have been playing a lot of computer games lately. I have noticed that even with question vision and attention span it is possible to play computer games. It’s not exactly a productive use of time and I fail to see why anyone would want to play computer games on a daily basis. There is after all a whole world outside this house that I am missing.

To keep from losing my sanity, I have a couple goals for each week.

So exciting goals of things to do for this week include:

Working on my quilt
Cleaning off my Master’s dresser
Putting up the Christmas tree


-emma

1 comment:

  1. Something I do when I'm ill and unable to do my regular chores is to knit dishrags. I know it sounds silly, but it helps me feel that I am still doing something of service. I use cotton yarn and either knit or crochet them. I prefer to knit them. In our house dish rags are constantly wearing out and so if I work on a few of them when I'm sick I always have some to rotate. The pretty ones go in the kitchen and the old ones into the rag bag until they are too worn out to use.

    Another thing I do is embroider dish towels. That is harder to do with blurry vision though. We use the flour sack ones and it's easy to doodle on them or just edge them to keep things in the kitchen pretty and nice.

    I hope your illness issues are resolved soon and you are able to get back to being yourself :)

    magdala~

    ReplyDelete