Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Name

Sometimes people ask me questions that make me scratch my head like where did I think up the name Emma. I actually didn’t think up the name Emma, it is my real name given to me by my parents when I was born. I was named after my grandmother Emma, so I do have a family name and because of that my name is something I cherish. Because my name carries family significance, I have trouble relating to people who hate their name.

I do have a slave name, which is M. It was actually given to me by my former master. It means masochist. My Master decided to keep it because M flowed well with my birth name Emma. My Master and a few close friends are the only people that call me M.

My nieces and nephews call my Auntie Em, because my siblings think it is funny. I am from southwest Kansas and in the book for the Wizard of Oz Dorothy lived in the very southwest corner of Kansas with her Uncle Henry and Auntie Em. I think my siblings are sadly disappointed that I married someone named Howard rather than Henry.

Anyways, I don’t use a made up name when I am online because if I did that than in my mind I would be simply hiding behind a keyboard and I would not be being true to myself. I am real person and I want people to know the real me. The real me is named Emma and has always been Emma since my first day on this Earth.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment