Thursday, July 22, 2010

MMM…. Pickles

Recently, I have been having some intestinal problems and I was miserable. Then one evening before going to the doctor with my Master we stopped at Arby’s for a quick dinner. I noticed their pickle bar. I have always hated pickles, yet something drew them to me. I grabbed a few and ate them on the side with my sandwich. The pickles seemed to sooth my stomach.

When we got done at the doctor’s office, we went to the grocery store and bought a small jar of dill pickles. They were gone by the next day. My stomach issues became mild and more manageable.

Now I am getting 2 to 3 servings of pickles a day. Whenever my tummy pains start up, I eat a pickle and it soothes it. Granted, this is not a good long-term solution for my intestinal problems because of the amount of sodium in pickles. But for now, until the doctor’s give us a better solution. This is all I have.

So I am just going to sit back and enjoy a pickle or two.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment