Saturday, December 17, 2011

My Master Believes....


My Master believes the cure for congestion is eating something spicy, not a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup. He believes that the spice will open up the sinuses and make it easier to breathe. I am sick with what I think is a bad cold, but I am starting to think it might be the flu. I have been running a fever for the past two days, I am congested, my nose won’t stop running, it hurts to breathe, my ears hurt, and my eyes are watering.

To help my symptoms, my Master had me make a black bean soup with bratwursts rather than a ham. It cooked throughout the day today and my Master commented on how good it smelled. I couldn’t smell a thing, but I took his word for it. It was good for dinner and it did open me up momentarily. I am now, however, back to not being able to breathe.

Black Bean Soup Recipe

1 lb of black beans soaked overnight and rinsed
1 medium onion
2 stalks of celery finely chopped
2 cups of chunky salsa
1 package of beef bratwurst chopped into pieces
8 cups of water
1 tsp garlic powder

Simply combine in a 5 quart crock pot and cook on high for about 8 hours stirring occasionally.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment