Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Doctor’s Visit

So after a month of wondering, why am I having neon yellow diarrhea five times a day? I have an answer, not a great answer, not an answer I entirely believe, but an answer none the less. My liver is working slightly on overtime and producing way to much bile. Since I don’t have a gallbladder to stop the bile it goes directly into my intestine. This caused the bacteria in my intestine to get messed up and somehow caused me to have a lack of appetite.

The end result was the GI doctor putting me on three different medications, one of which I have to take with every meal. I now have a pill case to keep track of all my medication, but I can already tell it is making a slight difference. So I think the doctor might be on the right track with this.

The good news is I don’t have cancer, colitis, or anything life threatening. For that, I am pretty happy. I am still not thrilled about my new medication schedule. But as my Master said, I will just have to get over it.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment