Monday, June 18, 2012

Weight Loss Control


So I have been on a fairly restrictive diet due to my hypoglycemia. The diet works to control the blood sugar issues. However, I have been dropping weight. When I started this diet I weighed in at 128 and size 6. Now 6 months later I weigh 108 and a size 0. I am one pound from being considered underweight for my height based off the charts.
I am going to start increasing the amount of calories in my diet in the hopes that I stop dropping weight. I can’t just go out and eat anything because of my medical condition so I have to evaluate and make choices that are right for my body.  Increasing the amount of protein, which was recommended to me by my doctor, seems like the most reasonable path.  I am going to add in a cheese stick with my morning and early afternoon snack. That will add 160 calories to my diet per day and increase my protein. Hopefully, it doesn’t cause havoc to my blood sugar levels.
We shall see how this goes.

-emma

1 comment:

  1. I am certainly not a doctor so please don't take this as gospel, ask your doctor about it.

    From what I have heard you can help moderate your blood sugar by increasing your fiber intake. The fiber doesn't really add any calories to your diet but it sort of acts like a time release mechanism for other foods that you eat. If you have something like Metamucil or PGX just before you eat it may help prevent a spike in blood sugar.

    There are doubtless downsides to it but it might be worth having a conversation about with your doctor in any case.

    ReplyDelete