Monday, September 12, 2011

Responsibility of Actions

We are all responsible for our actions. I am responsible for my actions to my Master and I am also responsible for my actions and how my actions affect the people around me. Before I take an action, I think about how my actions will affect others, my Master, and how God would view it. Being a slave does not mean I am not responsible for my actions. I would say that I am even more accountable for actions as a slave than I was when I was unowned.

I have always believed in treating others the way I wish to be treated. If I am about to engage in an activity that will affect someone else I always ask myself would my actions be acceptable to me if I was in the other person’s position? If the answer is yes, then I feel my actions will be okay. If the answer is not, then I will have to rethink my options.

Sometimes the best option is to do nothing at all. I remember when I was single and every once in a while an attractive and almost perfect sounding Dominant would cross my path. Without fail, this almost perfect Dominant was married just about every single time. My standard line was thanks but no thanks and that he can get in contact with again once he is divorced. The reason why I would decline is because I am responsible for my actions. If I slept with another woman’s husband even if their relationship was on the rocks. It would have caused her undue stress and it would have also caused him undue stress when the wife found out.

I am also responsible for how my actions affect my Master. I am always mindful of how I represent him and because of that I do try to treat everyone with respect and kindness. There are the little things like saying please and thank you. There are also the bigger things, like how I allocate my time to serve my Master. I have to manage my free time carefully to ensure I get all of my chores done and to ensure that my chores do not interfere with something my Master wants to do. If I fail or fall behind, I am responsible for my actions. So if I decided to play on the computer instead of do my work, I would be acting in a manner that is a poor representation of my Master.

I am also responsible for actions to God. Although, I have never been a terribly religious person God does play a role in my life. I believe that not only am I here to serve my Master. I am also here to serve God. My Master always says that I answer to him and he answers to God. Although I am not perfect and I have sinned I work towards not doing that. I do not lie, cheat, or steal. But some days, I do feel like I am something of sloth so I am working on that. It is getting to be that time of year when charities will need more help so I am planning to volunteer more of my time. This way I can work towards being more active and helping others.

I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I strive to be the best human being I can. Part of being the best person I can be is taking responsibly for my actions.

-emma

No comments:

Post a Comment